The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Monday 2 November 2009

New Venture



After a few suggestions from customers and exhibition guests, I have now tried to do portraits in the Fractured style I have developed. It has taken me some time to summon up the courage to do this, but decided to go for it.


Having thought about it for a long time, I used chalk pastels to give it a bit of softness, which is sometimes difficult with acrylics. I then used myself as an artists model!


I have attached the final outcome, which I am not entirely sure about, but this is new after all, so it may take some time to get used to it!

On another note, I have begun to plan 2010 exhibition dates. I am joining forces with 2 other artists, Verity Darby and Laura Bond. The 3 of us are going to do Surrey Artists Open Studios from the 5th-20th June at Verity's house in Oxshott, Surrey. And later in the year in September an exhibition at The Harvey Gallery in Guildford. Planning the new paintings are beginning to take shape, in earnest!

Tomorrow (Tues 3rd Nov) I am travelling up to the Art Bay Gallery, Stoke on Trent, to view my new exhibition they are holding of some Fractured work and some coloured pencil drawings. I am looking forward to meeting them all and seeing the display!

No comments:

Post a Comment