The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Wednesday 11 August 2010

New 'Fractured' work and also something a bit different!

I have been 'drawn' (pardon the pun) back to my coloured pencils of late, mainly due to the ease of taking up and putting down-ness! I wanted to return to realism and copying...not usually my cup of tea, but felt like I needed to practice my drawing skills again.
After my visit to Wisley, I decided I'd like to do some botanical drawings. Tulips this time. My reference was from my own photos of the flower head and gardening books for the bulb, I did these drawings in Derwent Artists Pencils and are A4.
I thoroughly enjoyed drawing in this style, making sure I was really concentrating on the detail.

My next foray into coloured pencil again was drawing some new Fractured pieces. These are intending to enter the ING Discerning Art Competition at the Mall Galleries. I hope to make it up to London to deliver them! They are both 5 x 7 drawings, framed in 10 x 8 black frames. I wish these competitions would be on line though, it would make life alot easier. 
They are drawn in Derwent Coloursoft Pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment