The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Demonstration days

Trying to fit in art and parenthood is always a challenge for me. I dearly love being a mum, but I do hanker for art filled days of bliss too! I am fortunate that Annabel, my daughter, goes to various places to play for 2 and a half days a week, which makes perfect time for me to endulge and develop my artwork.
I have now added another string to my bow. I signed up with Art Profile, who books artists to demonstrate at various Art Societies. So far I have booking up until 2012!
These last couple of months I have been busy demonstrating at Art Societies. One a week to be exact. I am lucky to have these booked in the evenings, which lets me leave husband holding the baby! Most of the demonstrations I do request my Fractured style of painting. It fascinates people before I show up with that title, as they've never heard of it before! Luckily, all of the demo's so far have gone incredibly well, and the members are all very welcoming and enthusiastic. I take along my hand made cards as well, which always adds a bit of revenue. The last one was last night, in Midhurst, near Petworth. They have invited me back to hold a workshop, which involves working as a class, helping members to create their own piece of Fractured artwork.
The first ever demonstration I did, I was really thrown in at the deep end, as they videoed me! Nerve wrecking? Yes, a touch. But this time I was demoing my floral collage style, something I have been doing for quite a few years, so felt quite confident. They all walked away inspired! Brilliant!
I have also been photographed for a local newspaper, the article will hopefully be published fairly soon.
Here is the photo they took of me in the swing of demoing my Fractured style using Derwent chalk pastels!
Trying to talk and paint at the same time is a bit of a challenge, however, add a bit of humour and it certainly makes things more fun!
Here is the finished piece! And have hopefully enlightened the crowd to my Fractured technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment