The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Monday 3 October 2011

Holidays and a rest....

Holidays are priceless, they are there for us to enjoy the sun, family, fun and a change of pace, and mine was no exception. The 3 of us go away with my lovely in laws most years, and I waited 18 months for this one, and boy I needed it! It wasn't so much relaxing - I mean with a very active 3 year old, the word relax doesn't pop up in my daily life anymore- but it was fun. Lots of swimming and sandcastles built, and time to step away from my artwork and think about things.
Before we went through customs at Gatwick airport, I managed to get a brief visit in to The Beehive, Wetherspoons pub to take a look at my paintings. They were there, in their full glory, framed and with a neat little biography underneath each one!! It truly was the perfect start to my holiday.


You can probably tell how chuffed I was from my cheesy grins in these photos!! I thought the framing they chose was spot on and where they were positioned was also great. Thank you Wetherspoons! I can help again! lol!

Now back, and sort of rested, I am planning more projects and exhibitions. The first is a group show- Oxshott Art and Craft Society, at Denbies Wine Estate, Dorking which starts on the 31st October and runs until the Sunday same week. I will be showing 3 Fractured paintings and a couple of unframed ones too. Pop along, it's a great day out! And Denbies sell the most delicious wine....I also got married there, so it has a special place in my heart.

The next exhibition is a biggie! I have booked Cranleigh Arts Centre, Cranleigh, near Guildford from the 11th January 2012 until the 28th, all to myself!! It is called 'Fracturing the Flow' and will consist of at least 20 Fractured paintings and drawings. I am extremely excited about it, and hope you can all pay a visit during that time. I am also hoping that I won't be snowed out/in!! I will post more information about it as it gets nearer, but I am sure it'll creep up on me....fast!
Fracturing the Flow- with The Swallows Flight as image.

Being an artist is a constant battle, especially in these austere times. Some months are wonderfully busy, with lots of sales, and some can be extremely quiet, and it's the quiet ones when I start organising new things! I guess it's all swings and roundabouts!! (and not just in the literal sense for me either!!)
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment