The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Tuesday 11 October 2011

New paintings and a workshop

Last Saturday I undertook a workshop for people who wanted to learn how to create my Fractured style of painting, using pastels. It was in Wokingham, and had a nice group of 8 people. We all brought lunch and a mug so we didn't starve and could be refuelled with tea and coffee when necessary!
I started the workshop by explaining how I came about creating this style of work, and began my own piece of bottles and glasses on a rough paper called Coloursoft. This paper feels like a sandpaper, but smoother. Enough for the pastel to stick to and it makes the colour 'zing'. I brought a selection of smaller pieces of this paper for the students to use, which they did. I showed them how to work each section as an individual area and working out each line and light direction.
I hope they all enjoyed the day and they created some truly wonderful artwork. Isn't that frog brilliant?!
Here are some of the paintings they did, and also a great group shot!




I obviously didn't get my piece completed as I was helping everyone with their own piece, so have just now finished my pastel painting.
After Hours- Derwent Pastels and Pencils. 50cm x 36cm.

Every year, when Autumn arrives, I inevitably create an Autumnal painting showing the wonderful colours that are out there. This year I have created a painting using acrylic on a chunky canvas.
Autumnal Tree Leaves. 60cm x 50cm
At the end of the month I have this years Oxshott Art and Crafts Society exhibition. I am exhibiting 3 framed paintings and 3 unframed paintings. It is being held at Denbies Wine Estate in Dorking, Surrey from the 31st October until the 6th November. Come and pay a visit! (even if you just want to try the delicious wine they produce there!) These are the framed paintings I am exhibiting.
Bubbles. 40cm x 20cm Acrylic on chunky canvas. £110

RHS Wisley Watercolour. £150

That's Raced to the Boundary. Pastel. £220



No comments:

Post a Comment