The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Great Britain!

My work at the moment is taking on a truly British theme. What with the Olympics and the Queens Diamond Jubilee in 2012, it's obviously taking a hold of my creativeness! I feel very patriotic.
I wanted to paint a piece that evoked all of this and this is the first one I came up with.
Iconic Britain. A4. Coloured pencil. SOLD

I posted this on the Facebook page and within an hour I had sold it! I am now selling A4 prints of this and also transferring them to black t shirts. I am beginning to develop a range of merchandise with this style of design on and have also come up with this.


This design is basically a black and white pen version of the coloured one. And will be printing this onto bags, T shirts and mugs. My next idea is to do a painting using bicycles and the movement evoking them.

The exhibition 'A Little Bit of Everything' at Thames Ditton Gallery Library has now finished. It was a great success, so thank you to the library for letting me hire the gorgeous space for 3 weeks. I will be doing another one later in the year, I'll keep you posted!

I was fortunate enough to visit the now legendary David Hockney exhibition at the Royal Academy last month. After all the hype and press coverage from it, I was expecting to be blown away...and I was! His use of colours and paint are truly phenomenal. The i Pad room was a favourite of mine as was his landscape paintings created from memory. He sees so much colour!
Before I went I did another i Pad drawing inspired by a trip to BoxHill in Dorking, Surrey. There is definitely an element of Hockney in it! This is the link to the i Pad video of it being created.

Box Hill- Walk into the Woods

I was so pleased with this that I transferred it to canvas using acrylics.

Walk into the Woods. Acrylic. 26cm x 30cm. £120


That is the joy of digital drawing, it may turn out awful, but it may turn out better than you thought it would!

Well, better get back to the studio, got some more demonstrations to prepare for and exhibition paintings to paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment