The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

A mum again and another art show!

I'm back!
After a fairly troublesome pregnancy, I'm pleased to say I gave birth to William in June. He was fine and dandy at a healthy 6lb 7oz, but I was a little bit poorly and had to have a blood transfusion after the c-section. It's taken me a while to get back to normal, but I'm pleased to say I'm almost there!
My artwork has been a therapy for me, and I snatch half an hour here and there in between nappy changes and organising a 5 year old's social life, which is more exciting than mine ever was...or is!
The first big thing I'm doing is a workshop in Reigate, Surrey on the 14th September- called 'Exciting Abstracts'. I'll be teaching how to do my Fractured paintings in a more abstract way.
http://www.art-events.co.uk/programme.php
This is the link to it if you fancy coming along.

My next project is a month long exhibition showing numerous works in Coloured Pencil. Which is a quite underrated medium. It is so brilliantly versatile and you can get real control of your marks. This lends itself to doing really detailed work both abstract and realistic.
I have been entering competitions also while grabbing my moments! Caran D'Ache are hosting a competition using just 6 of their gorgeous Aquarelle waterbased coloured pencils. I have entered two pieces in my Fractured style. These are they!
A Tuscan Sunset

The Colour Fields
Even if I'm not successful, I thoroughly enjoyed using them. Water based pencils are not normally my first choice of pencils, so I was pleasantly surprised!

Another venture I am having is having 6 Fractured paintings on display at Atishoo Gallery in Cornwall. Liz, the owner is an old University friend, so it's great to join forces with her and show my work there!

That's all for now! I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment