The City is Stumbling, Deliciously

The City is Stumbling, Deliciously
Coloured pencil on MDF with dictionary pages

Thursday 26 September 2013

Caran D'Ache Success

I found out yesterday that my painting 'The Colour Fields' was one of 15 paintings accepted into the competition. There were around 200 entries, as seen on the YouTube Link.



There are some wonderful entries, and I do feel very chuffed that one of mine was chosen. It has now been delivered to the Mall Galleries in London, waiting to be judged next week. They will now choose 3 paintings as 1st 2nd and 3rd prizes. I'm happy enough to have got this far, but I'll keep my fingers crossed in any case!


I put up my exhibition 'To the Point-Art of the Coloured Pencil last week', and have got some lovely feedback and a couple of potential sales in the offing.
Here are some photos from the show, which is on until 18th October.




The address of the exhibition is- The Atrium Gallery, Thames Ditton Library, Mercer Close, Thames Ditton, Surrey.

A couple of weeks ago I also held an abstract workshop in Reigate. A few of my past pupils came along, which was great. We developed the Fractured technique into an even more abstract look. They really enjoyed themselves a here are a few photos from the day.
This was the traditional original pastel
drawing
This was after I had taken the Fracture to it!


This was what my students created- to be completed at home.
I think the day was a success and people came up to me to say it was intriguing to find out how to abstract something! They understood it a little better. Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Your painting are very interesting and ,it is no wonder that people like and buy them. I'd like to try to do such abstract painting, too. It looks like the process has to be very fascinating.

    ReplyDelete